CISAC’s highest statutory executive body, the General Assembly (GA) governs statutory bodies and is responsible for:
- Electing or appointing the President and Vice Presidents, Board of Directors, Internal Audit Committee and External Statutory Auditors
- Approving the Accounts, Financial and Annual Reports
- Approving the Director General’s activities
- Considering membership applications, sanctions and proposals to amend the Statutes
- Recording any member society resignation
- Passing any resolutions
The General Assembly is composed of CISAC Members, Provisional Members and Associate Members. The General Assembly is chaired by the President or, in his/her absence, by at least one of the Vice Presidents.
The General Assembly constitutes CISAC’s highest decision-making authority.
Frequency of Meetings
The General Assembly meets once a year before the end of June. An Extraordinary General Assembly, limited to a specific objective, may be convened by the Director General upon the request of the Board.