Video | CISAC 90 Years Recaps Historic 2016 Events
Founded in 1926, CISAC is celebrating its 90th anniversary this year. Already 2016 has been marked by the momentous occasions of CISAC and creators being welcomed by the French Prime Minister Manuel Valls and CISAC’s 2016 General Assembly, which included a touching performance by musician and composer Armando Manzanero, in Paris.
Wonderfully produced by audiovisual member DAC, watch the following video for glimpses into:
- French Prime Minister Manuel Valls’ speech on authors’ rights and fair remuneration;
- CISAC President Jean-Michel Jarre’s opening General Assembly address on the impact of the Internet on creators;
- CISAC Vice President Angélique Kidjo discussing the importance of understanding rights for young artists;
- CISAC Vice President Jia Zhang-ke expressing the necessity to study and stay up-to-date with technological changes;
- CISAC Chairperson of the Board Eric Baptiste explaining how helping authors’ societies develop creates a “full glass” for collections and distributions for authors worldwide;
- CISAC Director General Gadi Oron speaking on the challenges introduced by technology and how CISAC is leading the charge to protect creative community rights;
- Writers & Directors Worldwide President Yves Nilly noting the fundamental importance of a government defending authors’ rights;
- CIAM President Lorenzo Ferrero underscoring the opportunities technology provides while cautioning how authors’ rights meets those of users to guarantee fair remuneration;
- CIAGP President Hervé di Rosa summarizing the increasingly adopted visual artists’ resale right.
For more videos, please visit CISAC’s YouTube channel.